- John C. Bowers, Philip L. Bowers, and Kevin Pratt. Rigidity of circle polyhedra in the 2-sphere and of hyperideal polyhedra in hyperbolic 3-space. Transactions of the American Mathematical Society (to appear). [ArXiV Preprint] [ICERM Lecture]
- John C. Bowers and Philip L. Bowers. Ma-Schlenker c-Octahedra in the 2-Sphere. Discrete and Computational Geometry. (2018) 60:9. [ArXiV Preprint]
- John C. Bowers and Philip L. Bowers. A Menger Redux: Embedding Metric Spaces Isometrically in Euclidean Space. The American Mathematical Monthly
Vol. 124, No. 7 (August-September 2017), pp. 621-636. [Preprint]
- Seokpum Kim, Xiang Chen, Gregory Dreifus, John Lindahl, Inseung Kang, Jung-Hyun Kim, Mohamed Selim, David Nuttall, Andrew Messing, Andrzej Nycz, Robert Minneci, John C. Bowers, Brittany Braswell, Byron Pipes, Ahmed Arabi Hassen, Vlastimil Kunk. An Integrated Design Approach for Infill Patterning of Fused Deposition Modeling and its Application to An Airfoil. Society for the Advancement of Material and Process Engineering (SAMPE) Conference, Seattle 2017.
- John C. Bowers and Ileana Streinu. Geodesic Universal Molecules. In Mathematics in Computer Science, March 2016, Volume 10, Issue 1, pp 115-141.
- John C. Bowers, Rose Tharail John, and Ileana Streinu. Managing Reproducible Computational Experiments with Curated Proteins in KINARI-2. In 11th International Symposium on Bioinformatics Research and Applications (ISBRA), Norfolk, Virginia, June 7-10, 2015.
- John C. Bowers and Ileana Streinu. Lang’s Universal Molecule Algorithm. In the Annals of Mathematics and Artificial Intelligence, 1-30, 2014. doi: 10.1007/s10472-014-9437-3
- John C. Bowers and Ileana Streinu. Computing Origami Universal Molecules with Cyclic Tournament Forests. In Proc. 15th Intern. Symp. on Symbolic and Numeric Algorithms for Scientific Computing (SYNASC’13), Timisoara, Romania, 23-26 Sept., 2013.
- John C. Bowers and Ileana Streinu. Rigidity of Origami Universal Molecules. In Automated Deduction in Geometry, Lecture Notes in Computer Science 7993, 120-142, Springer Verlag, 2013.
- John C. Bowers and Ileana Streinu. Lang’s Universal Molecule Algorithm (Video). In Proc. 28th Symp. Computational Geometry (SOCG’12), 419-420, 2012. [Video]
- John C. Bowers and Ileana Streinu. Rigidity of Origami Universal Molecules. In Proc. Automated Deduction in Geometry (ADG’12), September 2012.
- John C. Bowers, Jonathan Leahey, and Rui Wang. A Ray Tracing Approach to Diffusion Curves. Computer Graphics Forum 30(4) (EGSR 2011), 2011.
- John C. Bowers, Rui Wang, Li-Yi Wei, and David Maletz. Parallel Poisson Disk Sampling with Spectrum Analysis on Surfaces. In ACM SIGGRAPH Conference and Exhibition on Computer Graphics and Interactive Techniques in Asia (SIGGRAPH Asia ’10), 2010. [DivX][EXE demo] [Source code] [Spectrum analysis code]
- Washington Mio, John C. Bowers, and Xuiwen Liu. Shape of Elastic Strings in Euclidean Space: An Infinite-Dimensional Family of Metrics. International Journal of Computer Vision (IJCV) Vol. 82(1), April 2009, 96-112
- Washington Mio, John C. Bowers, Monica Hurdal, and Xuiwen Liu. Modeling Brain Anatomy with 3D Arrangements of Curves. In Proc. Workshop on Mathematical Methods in Biomedical Image Analysis (MMBIA), Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, 2007. [IEEE Explorer Paper][Poster]
- Xuiwen Liu, John C. Bowers, and Washington Mio. Parametrization, Alignment and Shape of Spherical Surfaces. In Proc. 2nd International Conference on Computer Vision Theory and Applications (VISAPP), Barcelona, Spain, Vol. 1, 2007, 199-206
- John C. Bowers, Philip L. Bowers, and Kevin Pratt. “Rigidity of Circle Polyhedra in the 2-Sphere and of Hyperideal Polyhedra in Hyperbolic 3-Space.” Submitted, 2017. [ArXiV Preprint]
- John C. Bowers. “Faster Reductions for Straight Skeletons to Motorcycle Graphs.” Submitted, 2014. [ArXiV Preprint]
- David Maletz, John Bowers, Rui Wang. “Reflectance Filtering for Interactive Global Illumination in Semi-Glossy Scenes.” UMass Technical Report UM-CS-2009-057, 2009.